Schoolz and Toolz - Rat race schools

Schoolz and Toolz: Rat race schools

This documentary looks very interesting. I'm curious how it will be interpreted. It seems to me that we test our students so much, that we're stealing all the joy out of learning. And yet, how else will we know what our students have learned? Can we do both? I watched "Two Million Minutes" and I came away from it with the impression that the American students portrayed still had imagination and creativity, and the Chinese and Indian students who were portrayed were spending so much time studying that they were shortchanging themselves. Then, I listened to the documentary filmmaker of "Two Million Minutes" speak, and realized that that was not what he intended at all. He was trying to warn American students that if they did not spend their two million minutes wisely, they would lose out to the Chinese and Indian students. So, again, can we do both? Can we learn how to solve problems and collaborate too?