Do book trailers create an interest in reading the book?

I've created 3 book trailers myself, and that was fun! Like a movie trailer, a good book trailer can make me really interested in reading the book itself. How about you? Do you have the same reaction?

As this blog continues to intertwine with other media, the side of the page gets longer and longer. So, the latest is adding a playlist from YouTube. My goal is to find book trailers, but I really only want to add the ones that authors like. When I read a book, in my mind's eye, I picture the characters, the dialogue, the setting. As the reader, am I seeing what the author has pictured? When I created the two book trailers for the Stella Pope Duarte books, it was so gratifying to hear from her that yes, I did see something similar to what she saw.

So now, I'm putting out a request on Twitter, where I'm following many, many YA authors, to see if I can find book trailers that they approve. They don't know me, and they have many fans, so I don't know if I'll get any responses. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?